587,224 active members*
3,157 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > Concerto 5 CAD package anyone???

Concerto 5 CAD package anyone???

I have reposted this from the Autodesk Forum as I have had no responses there...
    I have just joined a firm using an archaic CAD system called Concerto 5 and am convincing them to modernise to AutoCAD 2011.
    Concerto saves drawings as Concerto.dwg files but they can't be opened in ACAD.
    There is an option to save as an AutoCAD dwg file, and these can be opened in ACAD 08-11, problem is there is 15+ years worth of drawings i need to convert!!
    I have tried a few dwg to dwg batch converters off the net with zero success (invalid file type)
    Has anyone else come across Concerto before and had a similar problem?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Concerto 5 CAD package anyone???

Hi Kevin.

Was googling for a solution to another Concerto query (as like you we have an archive full of Concerto drawings we need to access for the forseeable future) and came up with your old post. I like your description of Concerto 'archaic' lol.

Back in the day (circa 1985 - 1995) it gave Autocad a dammed good run for its money and was better in those days in quite a few ways but the software people went over to infrastucture / networking, communications e.t.c and that was the begining of the end for Concerto !!!.

I do know that as it was updated less and less and more people started to move over to Autocad some of the users from the old user group meetings did pull together some 'macros' to do just what you were after but how you would get hold of one I could not say, if you even still have the problem, or gave up on Concerto altogether.

Regards.

Pete.

Re: Concerto 5 CAD package anyone???

Hi Pete,
    I just saw your other post - we appear to have had identical problems in the past! Unfortunately giving up on Concerto is not a viable option, there is just too much in the archive. I have it running in virtual XP and have learnt the basics so for now it is a manageable workaround - I just convert to AutoCAD dwg as and when I need a particular drawing.

If you do ever find one of those macros, let me know I'd be interested to try it out.

Cheers

Kev