587,112 active members*
3,306 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > 1100-series 3 oil passages drawing

1100-series 3 oil passages drawing

Does anyone know where to find the drawing of the oil passages.

I have one of them plugged or a line broken on one side of the X ways.
    I know I have seen this somewhere but I am at a loss so far, its not in the machine manual and I didnt have any luck on the Tormach site either.

Any help appreciated......

thanks
    mike sr

Re: 1100-series 3 oil passages drawing

Hi popspipes, what a coincidence I was just editing my new post with the similar topic when you post your one. Check if your issue is not the same as my one. I have the image of the under the table oil installation system if that can help.

[PCNC 1100] Not Drilled Through Oil Passage in Machine Casting

I am pretty sure I had a drawing on the oil passages, its been almost 5 years since I saw it, I cant remember where??
    I need to know where the passages and lines are so I can trace the one in question.
    mike sr

What about this one? It's one of the latest pages (no 224) from the Tormach PCNC 1100 Operator Manual.
    Hi-Res Image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lubrication_System.jpg  

Thank you sir! I missed it somehow.

I am not getting any oil thru the line, maybe this will give me an idea of where it goes?
    I have a small oil can with tranny fluid in it, Maybe an adapter of some sort to push oil back thru the line to see where it leaks out............?
    mike sr

There is another image - view of the installation under the table. ... with some extra piece of loose coil protector, why to clean if usually nobody looking there
    Hi-Res Image

Attachment 335212

Pops I use the transmission fluid often (once per month these days) to flush the system on my 1100 and verify that "fresh" lubricant is making its way to the intended sliding surfaces. It works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by pickled View Post
    Pops I use the transmission fluid often (once per month these days) to flush the system on my 1100 and verify that "fresh" lubricant is making its way to the intended sliding surfaces. It works really well.
    I was going to use it because its a different color. I use it a lot for penetrating oil etc.

I had 6 of those little restrictor things apart, cleaned them and put them back in service, I do get some flow on the X slideway operator side, not as much as Id like though. I am going to order some from Tormach and get some 4MM tube and fittings. I sure dont like the oiling system as some of it you cant check unless the way covers are removed etc.

I may call Tormach to see if they have a pictoral of how the lines are routed, I found the one in the book thanks to CNCer but I wonder if its accurate in relation to which line goes where, I am not a big fan of taking the table off, I am trying to work from both ends
    mike sr