Hey everyone!

As the title suggests, I've embarked on my first (CNC 4 AXIS) build journey, and would be great to get some feedback, or a solid push in the right direction from the community.

The goal is to build an extremely solid, but compact machine. I don't plan to move this machine much, if ever, unless I have to. More just looking for an extremely well made machine utilizing the best possible parts and components given the current tech available and also cost to a certain degree. Primarily looking to do Aluminum milling with as much precision as possible. Speed is also an important factor, but I'd easily give up speed for quality.

after a lot of back and forth, I've decided the total footprint for the Machine needs to be kept under 26" MAX depth. I understand this obviously won't be the size I can mill on, but just to say I need to keep these dimensions into consideration.

I've spent the greater, or maybe worst part of the last 4 days reading countless forum posts and def too many CNC build videos on YouTube and now I'm here hoping for some more specific feedback based on my needs. I've gone ahead and purchased maybe, 70-80% of the hardware required for the build directly from McMaster and Amazon based off the BOM in the posts below,

Platform CNC - Designed by Brian Oltrogge

and also this

Benchtop PRO 2424 2' x 2' CNC Machine Kit | Avid CNC

I took the liberty of upgrading as many if not all of the electric/mechanical components and features since this build is quite dated now.

The base and general frame/design is still up in the air, But I've gone ahead and purchased nearly all the parts in various sizes, shapes and finishes to allow myself some options, but it's also really helpful and much faster at the moment to just order the stuff and design by hand vs me juggling my time with the design/learning process done via Fusion360. btw, Fusion 360 is incredible and been having lots of fun learning it, but there's nothing like picking up some expensive aluminum "LEGO" and doing the design process by hand. ;]

Now, aside from the structural side of things, here's the electronics I already picked up.

https://www.amazon.com/Centroid-Acor...1876911&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Geckodrive-Bu...1877295&sr=8-4

As for the motor, I've decided to go with Clearpath servo's vs the usual 4 motor stepper kit, and Hiwin Rails vs belt and bearings. I'm learning most of this as it's happening so forgive me in advance for my lack of knowledge or my general ignorance on things that may seem extremely basic to some if not most of you.

funny enough, the one thing I haven't even looked into yet is the spindle.. But I'll wait to finalize the cake before splurging on the icing.

With all that being said, please let me know if anything seems overkill, while allowing me just a bit of overkill/future proofing for the inevitable expansion down the road.

thanks in advance.

t.