587,172 active members*
3,216 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Series2 R2E3 DNC trouble

Hello,
    I have an R2E3 which runs well, I can load files fine with ezlink and in the past have been able to drip feed small programs. This weekend I was trying to dripfeed a larger file and the control kept stopping the communication with the PC. I tried 2400, 4800, and 9600 baud rates on both the pc and the Boss 8. Any one have any ideas on something else to try? The machine would use up the file in it's memory then it got real choppy while loading from the pc.
    Thanks,
    Cutmore

I have not played with large files to often to trouble shoot but while making chips on some slightly larger files I've hit spots drip feeding with the dos drip feeding program (ezlink) under win 2000... The 2 times I ran it the machine would stop at about if not exactly the same point with a communication error displayed which I can not remember what it said but the display cleared to the point where you could not determin the exact line number it stopped on.

EZ link I think said operation cancled by machine..

I'm a boss 10..

b.

Bob,
    Thanks for the reply, Glad to hear I am not the only one who has had that happen. My Boss displayed error 0040 or 0004 (communication error) then it would be locked up and all I could do was kill the power or re-set. Also Ez-link displayed operation canceled by cnc.
    Anyone know what I can do to reliably run longer programs?
    Thanks for any help,
    Cutmore

I don't recall a good error number on the screen other then to check the log but I don't know the codes or how the log really works... but I don' t recall having to power down or anything like that to try again..perehaps the difference between boss 8 and 10 in that case.. my computer is win2000 running the comm ap in a dos window whats yours?

b.

Bob,
    Thanks for the reply,
    I am running xp, using ezfile which runs under a dos window.
    I hope to try it again this weekend(terrible thing to have to play with the Bport!)
    I wish I had a Boss 10 with the crt, instead of the 1 line lcd.
    Cutmore

my boss 10 only has like a 4 line display.. so it isn't a crt..

MY biggest trouble with diagnosis is I don't get to use the bp as regularly as I want thus harder to dive through getting things sorted. Becides learning how to actually use the thing..ehhe

..b.