587,770 active members*
3,408 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Error 05 on HBS57H servo drive

Error 05 on HBS57H servo drive

Hi all! I'm running a DDCS v4.1 controller for my CNC for wood carving. An Error (ER05) keeps coming up on the digital display of the z axis HBS57H servo drive at roughly the same point each time I run a finishing toolpath. Z axis stalls but X, Y and spindle continue with toolpath. Any ideas what is causing this??

Re: Error 05 on HBS57H servo drive

Hi,
    well what does the error code reveal? I presume you have the manual?

Craig

Hi Craig, I did manage to find a manual online which was in Chinese. Online translation was not great but said "over speeding" or "over positioning". "Adjust current or voltage accordingly". I have been through all parameters and all are correct. Any ideas what would cause this?

Re: Error 05 on HBS57H servo drive

Hi,
    not really a lot of help is it?

When a motor decelerates its momentum drives it as a generator and power goes from the motor back into the drive. This causes the voltage to rise and often will cause an
    'over voltage fault'

If a stepper, or in fact any motor falls behind its commanded position it tries to correct itself by increasing the current which in turn increase the torque of the motor to try to catch up.
    If the demanded current is too high it will be detected as a fault and error out.

The error you are reporting saysit can be either...not very helpful.

I think the best you can do is decrease the max acceleration in your CNC control software and hope that reduces both the potential over voltage but also the over current.

Craig