587,297 active members*
3,586 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Rhinocam > rhino programmation 5 axis

rhino programmation 5 axis

Is there someone who could program this part for me in 5 axes https://file.io/PecjzIwzrMzE as I did, there is still one side to do, it is impossible to program it like the first by changing (the orientation in setup menu), you have to so that I understand that it is not okay.

Re: rhino programmation 5 axis

I managed to do it by selecting Floor "curves" instead of surfaces. In the image you can see which curves I selected. I also did a boolean union of the whole piece and cut it in 3 pieces, where the tubes intersect each other, and generated 3 curves (shown in red) where the intersections are. This makes everything much easier. It´s difficult to program an operation if the 3D model is not a closed watertight volume. Specially if you want to get good detain with only one 5 axis operation.

So in order to program the swarf operation (for each side), you need to select the cylinder as wall and the red curves as floor. There is still a small barb left in the middle. It´s unclear to me how the stock is held in the machine so I will not go into further detail, but the central tube could be programmed in a similar way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot 2024-03-03 202314.jpg   Screenshot 2024-03-03 202436.jpg   Screenshot 2024-03-03 202512.jpg