587,104 active members*
4,229 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc OT111 error appearing

Hi folks,

The above error code started to appear on my mori seiki jr machine with fanuc 10M control. It has started to do it after a fuse at one phase had blown out. The error means something like DC link overvolage. I checked the voltages on the input, there was 205V AC, which should be OK. (We use a transformer from 3x400V).
    The fuses were blowing more times previously without any problems, so it might be not related to this issue.
    Also on the spindle drive there are 3 of four red LED's lit up - suggesting some error code in binary format.
    Any suggestions?

Sounds to me like you have a shorted transistor on the spindle drive.

Hmm, which one? There are a lot of them
    Today we've made some measurements. We've found a small blown fuse on the downside board under the control board. But after replacing it with a new one nothing happened, the same error...also the new fuse didn't blow, so i assume it should be OK. Also after power up the DC voltage on the large capacitor is 0V, so i assume the main contactor inside the spindle drive doesn't connect the mains voltage to the main rectifier - and the alarm leds are on. I think the drive tries to sense the mains voltage prior to turning on the main contactor and something fails.
    The number of the unit is: A16B-1100-0080 06D.
    Is there any chance to get a schematics for this drive?

Quote Originally Posted by PBr View Post
    Hi folks,

The above error code started to appear on my mori seiki jr machine with fanuc 10M control. It has started to do it after a fuse at one phase had blown out. The error means something like DC link overvolage. I checked the voltages on the input, there was 205V AC, which should be OK. (We use a transformer from 3x400V).
    The fuses were blowing more times previously without any problems, so it might be not related to this issue.
    Also on the spindle drive there are 3 of four red LED's lit up - suggesting some error code in binary format.
    Any suggestions?
    Do you know the position of these leds? Or just say from right to left which do you see light up?
    Regards

The error code is 11.
    Meantime i've moved further, i found the IGBT module broken, now waiting for the new part. I hope this will fix the problem.

Exclamation IGBT damaged.

The error code is 11.
    Meantime i've moved further, i found the IGBT module broken, now waiting for the new part. I hope this will fix the problem.
    Warning:
    If the PCB on top is damaged then it will blow the IGBT again. You should check the transistors in the pcb before you turn it on.
    Regards,

Do you mean the PCB with the CPU on it? Or the PCB which drives the IGBT module (under the CPU's PCB)?
    The module wasn't damaged in a "standard" way (Collector-Emitor shorted due overcurrent), but one of the upper transistor's base was shorted to "+" rail. I assume there was a voltage peak to IGBT's base.

Do you mean the PCB with the CPU on it? Or the PCB which drives the IGBT module (under the CPU's PCB)?
    The module wasn't damaged in a "standard" way (Collector-Emitor shorted due overcurrent), but one of the upper transistor's base was shorted to "+" rail. I assume there was a voltage peak to IGBT's base.
    Yes, the pcb which drives the IGBT. Just check it before you replace the IGBT.

Today i tried to power up my CNC with a new IGBT module - without success.
    I checked most of the transistors & diodes on the driving board, no one seems to be broken. The drive sets the alarm code immediatelly after power up, it doesn't seem to turn on the power circuit (a contactor inside the drive). So there is definitelly something wrong with some signal back to the CPU board.
    I think without schematics for this i'm lost.

Today i tried to power up my CNC with a new IGBT module - without success.
    I checked most of the transistors & diodes on the driving board, no one seems to be broken. The drive sets the alarm code immediatelly after power up, it doesn't seem to turn on the power circuit (a contactor inside the drive). So there is definitelly something wrong with some signal back to the CPU board.
    I think without schematics for this i'm lost.
    Disconnect the power to the motor and try to power on like that. Maybe you have a problem with the motor. Meg the motor.
    Regards.