587,997 active members*
2,118 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 11M

11M

Hi,

Can anybody help me out; I have a Kuraki HBM 10-DX with an 11M series control. There is not enough memory to do most of the jobs, so I end up loading only half of the program to start then delete and finish with the second half. I would like the CNC to use the memory from my PC, I have software that is capable of doing this, and the software I am using is currently in use on an older Fanuc series with a tape reader. My problem is that this 11M has no tape reader and I am lost as to how or what I need to do to connect and make it work, parameters, RS232, etc. can anyone help.

Thank you,
    Htech.

do you have the tape mode on the control panel? If you do just run dnc...if you don't have the option than you will need a memory upgrade you can go trough fanuc which will cost an arm and a leg or you can go through memex technologies which is preety reasonable.

The Fanuc 11M can run in "Drip-feed" mode through the serial port. If your DNC software can send data to the CNC with "Xon/Xoff" protocol, that's all you need.

On the "Settings/Handy" page, set the "input device FG" to "1", get your DNC software ready to send, then put the control into TAPE mode and press CYCLE START. The Fanuc 11M should read data from the PC as it runs the program.

Some problems to watch for:

1) Buffer overflow alarms on the CNC means that your DNC software is not handshaking fast enough. Lots of threads on this forum address that subject

2) The control doesn't run the program. That usually means that the baudrate/stop-bits and parity settings on the PC don't match the Fanuc's parameters. Set parameters 5110 to "3", 5111 to "1" and 5112 to "11", then set your DNC software to send at 9600 baud, 1 stop-bit, 7 data bits, Even parity, and use Xon/Xoff handshaking.

Hope this helps.