588,086 active members*
4,735 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Recommend Ball Bearing

I am building a multi blades saw that has around 10 to 30 blades. What type of ball bearings do you recommend with that type of load and water and coolant proof. The diameter of the shaft is 1.75"

I am looking smooth and long life bearing. Do you have online places I check buy besides VXB.

Thanks

You will need a -2RS series bearing which has double seals. They are good for incidental contact with coolant so long as it is not under pressure. Get the double row series of bearings if you at all can. You should have no problem sourcing for your 1.75" shaft dia.

Quote Originally Posted by greg hoeve View Post
    You will need a -2RS series bearing which has double seals. They are good for incidental contact with coolant so long as it is not under pressure. Get the double row series of bearings if you at all can. You should have no problem sourcing for your 1.75" shaft dia.
    I still have hard time local a supply that sell that type of bearing, it can be metric or imperial type.

thanks

I have yet to see a bearing that is water-proof. If your designing your own spindle, look into air sealing it. Basically a lambrith where the shaft would stick out and water would be able to enter, use low pressure shop air, like 5psi, air blows out so water dirt and swarf can't get in.

Air sealing is almost always used in high end spindles, especially where high pressure coolant is used, cheap insurance.