587,772 active members*
2,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LabVolt D&M 6s

I purchased a used 5600 6s mill a few months ago and just now getting the time to play with it. I powered it up last night and everything seems to work well from the front control panel. The X and Y need a little adjusting but overall it in nice condition. The problem is I have no software and have no idea on how to get it, I went to the LabVolt website but the only thing I see there is what appears to be firmware updates. ( I think). If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very thankful. Thanks Cecil

have you tryed calling labvolt
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Hi,

A few years ago I was able to find the free download of their lathe and mill #4series controller software. You have to look around their website, it's kind of hard to find.

Best of luck,

zoppen

Good luck! Maybe using the Wayback Machine, a web archive site, will help your search.

I tried to find a driver program for my D&M4 a few years ago, but gave up and refitted/upgraded the machine instead.

D&M/ Labvolt

I bought a D&M 5 lathe at an auction. The front panel control was messed up- broken switches etc. Last week I tried to get some info from LabVolt and after a few exchanges with e-mail support, I was put in touch with the repair dept. I talked to a guy who really wanted to help but he had no info on the D&M models since LabVolt bought D&M out over 15 years ago (if I recall correctly) He did say that the servo and steppers used on the current models are the same size as used on the old D&M stuff. Go to their website and download the data sheet for the model that looks the closest: for me that wood be the 5500 lathe. Controls are another issue: Those models used an ISA expansion card for a computer, probably a 286 or 386, the standard when the D&M stuff was built. LabVolt doesn't have any of that available. Its unlikely that you would find a card and software. I'm going to see if the stepper and servo drives are ok (not sure how yet) and then replace the other controls with a breakout board and Mach3- maybe ad a SmoothStepper and a pendant control. It will probably be more functional than the original set up, I'm sure Mach3 is more advanced than the software that came with it, circa 1990(?) Good luck!
    Brian