587,862 active members*
3,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Polyurea Hardcoats

Though I do not represent a company I have extensive knowledge in the application of Polyurea Hardcoats for over Architectural Foam and would be happy to answer any questions. This would be the ultra hard plural component coating that cures in 6 seconds.
    Great Day,
    Tom

Exclamation More Info Please

Hello,

I am intersted in hearing more about this product. Once applied can this be sanded?? How much does it cost?? What suppliers have it? What amounts are available? Pints? Quarts? 5 gallon buckets Any additional information would be very helpful. I have been using foam to creat molds for years and I have always had to coat it with bondo to get a lasting hard surface that would hold up to vacuum forming, etc

Thanks in advance!!

Yes it can be sanded. Polyureas also come in many differant hardness or to the point of rubber with over 1,800% Elongation. The one with more Rubber can be used in molds to take 180 degree or better bends. Amber Chemical is but one of many MFG. The product is Volitile Free (no Solvents) and 100% Solids so you lose no product in evaporation. Most of your newer buildings have the Architectural Foam with Polyurea for Colums, Window Awnings. The Theme parks such as Disney and Epcot use it as well and I do not believe you will see a Movie Set today without some construction of it.

Is this the stuff we're talking about??

http://www.pacificurethanes.co.nz/po...utura_5321.htm if so where can this be found, any local suppliers like Home depot or is it a specialty item??

thanks

Yes, it is a specialty item, this shows but a few things done with it.
    http://cuttingedgefoam.com/mouldings/index.html

So where can I get it from?? any suppliers you recommend??

I like Futura but I find Engineered Polymers to offer a wider variaty.
    http://www.engineeredpolymers.net/

Powdered product???

Morning Tom,
    I looking to do something along the lines of powder coating, then spraying the catalyst or hardner onto it. Is this something that is feasable with these products? I want to build up layers to acheive the finished object.

Thanks
    Neil