587,189 active members*
2,394 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

citizen f16 no start

hi, i have an older citizen f16 with a fanuc 3tc control, when i got it the baterrys were so corroded the battery alarm and cmos alarms came on, i did the start pushiung the 2 buttons to clear memory and parameters but it still wont come all the way on, have replaced power supply, transformer, checked all fuses and breakers, if i push the contactors the hydraulic pump energizes so does all the other things,, anybody have any suggestions, please?

You have not mentioned if you entered NC parameters and PLC parameters (on diagnostic page). Without this, the machine will not start.

Question f16 no start

hi the control wont let me enter any parameters, i think it wont as long as it wont turn on all the way, i have tried all i know to load parameters, i have turned the switch on in the back, when i go to parameter page and type in numbers they wont show on the screen. its a catch 22

Do not know why, but I think your parameter write enable switch is off. Sorry if I am wrong, but here is the procedure"
    - hit emergency stop
    - if the control is 3M-model A, look at the mother board for the parameter write enable switch and switch it to "enable". If the control is one of the latest 3M, there is no hardware switch, but soft one. Push Param button and look for "parameter write enable=0" line. It could be on first or second page. Move the cursor over it and push "1" Input.
    - now Param, "page down" and start entering parameters. After that push Dgnos button and enter PLC parameters. They can start from No.160 till 223
    - return parameter write enable switch to "disable" (or put 0 if no switch)