587,302 active members*
3,088 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question OKUMA MCR BRII

Hi All,
    Now,My customer is using CAM NX6 and they do dies machining with OKUMA MCR BRII, with indexing head attachment 20,30 and 60 degrees. The Problem is it difficult to set zero position when using indexing head attachment, because of NX using tool center end point, not ball center or lowest point of tool. Existing DNC wants NC code as toolpath of ball center.

I need help:

1----.Is there any tool/equipment for setting zero position.
    2----.Is there any DNC system to make this work so tool center end data of zero position can be read by the equipment and transfer to DNC as its zero position.

Anyone has experience this, please give some suggest,
    Thank you,

You need a custom NX post

OKUMA MCR BRII

Yes, I have customized the post that machine only does linear moves, It's about import pb_cmd_center_of_ball.tcl custom command from custom command library, and use that into PB-CMD_before_motion. This method is ok only toolpath area, when it runs stepover, it goes down with unpredict distance in z direction, dangeruous toolpath.

I also have tried other method, separating the post especially for center ball output only, by changing LINEAR MOVE motion X, Y and Z from
    mom_post(0), mom_post(1) and mom_post(2) become --mom_contact_center(0), mom_contact_center(1), mom_contact_center(2).
    And the output still dangerous. It not means I give up for this problem, then I decide to looking for other possibility solution with change DNC system side and add equipment to ease the setting of zero position.

If you have any ideas in NX6 side or DNC system side please share with me, I really appeciate it. I need help.

NCe.

Unhappy OKUMA MCR BRII

This is the difference between ball end and ball center output i have done. slide1 is ball center output, slide2 is ball end output. I verify the g-codes using cimco edit v5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slide1.JPG   Slide2.JPG