587,098 active members*
6,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Drive Error with Fagor 8055M

I keep getting Z Drive error when either stopping spindle when using manually or when starting a program when the spindle is already spinning.
    First Screen Displays: 'External Emergency Activated'
    arrow down.
    Second Screen Displays: 'Drive Error : Axis Z
    I am unable to clear either screen and only way to get out is to turn off and restart.
    The Z Axis Module displays 0.E215. Don't know what error this is.
    Any help appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chevpac1.jpg   Chevpac2.jpg  

Normally its happened caused of positioning of spindle (sensor activated) in out of travel.

Hi mzar. I've since learnt that Error 215 is Power Bus Voltage Too High (hardware)
    On further checking it appears the the Z drive errors when the motor is braking.
    The program I'm running doesn't have any Z movements at all just X and Y.

Hi...I've download Winddssetup which is the Fagor software to monitor the Z drive. Made up a 9 pin cable to connect the drive module to my PC and getting ready to connect things up.
    Any one been here before. Looking for any good advice.
    Thanks.
    BTW. I haven't studied the manual yet, I'd like to see something on the screen first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hi...I've download Winddssetup which is the Fagor software to monitor the Z drive. Made up a 9 pin cable to connect the drive module to my PC and getting ready to connect things up.
    Any one been here before. Looking for any good advice.
    Thanks.
    BTW. I haven't studied the manual yet, I'd like to see something on the screen first.

Hi, I recommend you first to monitor the PLC Program, or if you already has monitor the drive send me the error code, Or in the Lcd Number Screen in the drive it shows the actual error too,

The emergency error comes up becuse its have a loop with the drives and the cnc control, and you have problems with the drive, check the power and enconder cables if the error appears when you start the machine and enable the drives probably the encoder signal have problems, other common problem its the servo break, should be 24+ and its a PLC signal with a Relay

Hope its helps you,

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.Garza View Post
    .. or if you already has monitor the drive send me the error code...
    Hi The Error code is E215 (Power Bus Voltage Too High)
    From what I understand (layman interpretation), a voltage is generated when the motor is free spinning (power off) which should be absorbed with a ballast resister. This doesn't appear to be happening and for some reason the Z axis errors.

Depending on the on your actual machine, it is quite possible that it is just the "Counter Balance" for the Z Axis. Some machines have an Air Cylinder with it's own Air Pressure Regulator so double check the Air Pressure Setting. Too high and it could happen when you travel down, too low could happen when you travel up, but it could be the oppisite, again depending on your machine. Other machines have an actual "Counter Balance" weight, make sure it is still attached or for that matter make sure that how it is connected is well lubricated.

One thin to try just to simplifiy your trouble shooting is, in your program prior to stopping your Spindle, do an "G4K500", this will add a delay prior to stopping the spindle.

That Drive Error is usually because the Drive is trying to the oppisite of what it just was to it needs to "Disapate" the excess energy, which is typically what the metal box on the out side of the control is, Dynamic Braking Modual. Unused energy is attempted to be fed back on to the "Bus" so the other drives can utilize it, but if it doesn't get used generally it is "Dumped" onto the resistors in the Dynamic Braking Modual. If it can't do this than the drive Errors out. So assuming the Counter Balance isn't the issue, make sure that the Dynamic Braking Modual is free and clear of any metal shavings, which can short out the resistors not allowing the energy to be disapated on them.

Hope this helps. (sorry for the spelling, in a hurry)
    Motion Master 5 Axis Router.......Fagor 8055/C.......Surfcam Velocity 4.0 B189

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidav View Post
    ....Other machines have an actual "Counter Balance" weight, make sure it is still attached or for that matter make sure that how it is connected is well lubricated....

.....One thin to try just to simplifiy your trouble shooting is, in your program prior to stopping your Spindle, do an "G4K500", this will add a delay prior to stopping the spindle...

......make sure that the Dynamic Braking Modual is free and clear of any metal shavings, which can short out the resistors not allowing the energy to be disapated on them....
    The machine is a Vertical Machine Centre which has an actual counterweight which is suspended on two link chains over sprockets. I will check their condition.

I have tried using G04 with various times without success. I've also used various stepped speeds with time delays between without success.

I do feel the fault is, as you outlined in your third paragraph.

We have swapped the Z and Y Drives over and now the Error Fault is Drive Y which indicates the fault is in that Drive Unit.

Thanks for your input

I now suspect the circuitry that triggers the power to the ballast resistor is not working as I'm not getting any voltage readings at the resistor terminals.
    Not sure if this is repairable or not if this is the problem.

re overvoltage fault

Hi, I just came across this, and suffered exactly the same problem as KIWI
    by the sounds of it a very similar machine.
    Tried more or less all the same remedies,
    Eventually tracked it down to a faulty power supply.

It seems that something that affects this fault resides in the power supply, and is temperature sensitive. (ie much worse in summer than winter ).

Solution Attach a fan directly to the bottom of the powersupply blowing upward problem goes away.

Probably the switch that dumps the overvoltage begins to break down.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by harrihnz View Post
    ......by the sounds of it a very similar machine.

...and is temperature sensitive. (ie much worse in summer than winter )......

...Solution Attach a fan directly to the bottom of the powersupply blowing upward problem goes away....
    The machine is a BEMATO 800FL which I bought from Chevpac.

I'm having the problem all year round and I'm down in Dunedin. Below the 45 parallel.

Will do some testing with a cooling fan.