587,998 active members*
1,829 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 6 123

Hybrid View

plasma table plans

Hi, I have been reading the forum for a while ans find it very interesting, and like many others I am interested in building a CNC plasma cutting table and wondering if someone might know of some plans that are available to do something like this? Or if someone has already gone throught it and would be interested in sharing what they have done for a fee. Please let me know I would appreciate it very much. Dave

Dave
    I have built a 48x56 (working area) table if you are interested let me know and I will update the plans and get them to you. (no charge)

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am interested on your plans. May I dear to ask you for giving to me, too?

Thank you,

Zoltan

Zoltan (or anyone else )
    I would be glad to email you a set of drawings. Just send me your email address or if it ok with this site I will post them here. It will take a day or so to bring them up to date.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mlaws1172 View Post
    Zoltan (or anyone else )
    I would be glad to email you a set of drawings. Just send me your email address or if it ok with this site I will post them here. It will take a day or so to bring them up to date.
    Mike
    Mike, my address is [email protected], thanks for the plans, I am looking forward to getting them. thanks a mil. p51flyboy

mlaws, I'd like a set of those plans too if you wouldn't mind. Let me know if you need my information or when you get it posted on here.
    Those pics were spiff.
    Yeah, but it'll cost ya'

Hi Mike, we are a group of students trying to finish our SR project and we decided to construct a funtional plasma table. I'd like to know if i could get a copy of your plans.

Thank you
    [email protected]

Alberto
    Do you want a paper copy or a dfx file?
    mike

I would love to see a copy of your plans, if at all possible!

An electronic copy would be preferred. My email address is [email protected].

Thanks!

I am interested on your plans. please send to my email [email protected] if possible.

thanks

Will email you a set
    have fun
    mike

Hi mlaws1172! I just sent you a PM. Thanks!

Hello Mike,

any chance of posting some pictures of the finished table too ??

I am also eagerly waiting for the plans to be posted !!

John
    CAP Maquettes Netherlands

:banana: Thanks alot, Mike, I know it's alot of work to put all this information together so if you need something please let me know.and if anyone esle has any words of advice for a beginner the information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much, Dave

Hey everyone
    here are some pictures and I am working on the drawings as fast as work permits. Lacy( the plasma table - named by my grandson- because roots have names to) is driven by one ball screw on each axis. On the x axis I mounted two linear bearing on the ball screw side and two cam bearings on the other side riding between two pieces of angle. this arangement works very well . The servo motors are Ametek 40VDC - 10amp (drawing 2 amps max). These motors are available at a lot of surplus stores for about $40 dollars US. I am using Rutex 510b controller but am changing to Gecko because of the software issue with the 510b. I mounted the controller, a pc mother board, power supplies, cd drive and floppy drive all in one case.There is a couple of shelves on one end that holds the plasma, plenum fan,controls
    and monitor . It has 4 locking casters and with everthing mounted to the table it is eazy to move around.
    Lacy cost about $3500 to build including plasma, controls, and software (lots of ebaying). The table was built just for the fun of it and I will be glad to help if I can. Have not got around to painting it yet or finishing the details.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mikes 003.JPG   mikes 004.JPG   mikes 007.JPG   mikes 005.JPG  

mikes 006.JPG  

Just a little update onthe plans. It is going to be easier to start over so they won't be ready until next week some time.
    thanks
    mike

Hi Mike,

It will be great to post the plans here.

Thank you,

Zoltan

Mike,
    If you do not mind I would also would be interested in your plans. If you do not mind please send me also your plans.
    [email protected].

Mike, I think you will be inundated , hopefully its possible to post to save you all that emailing, a plasma table's not currently on the radar screen, but I can always learn from how others puzzled stuff out so would also be interested in them. That's first class of you to make them available - love the open source culture!

Mike Thanks For The Photos, Now That Looks Like A Nice Heavy Duty Table, Some Of The Aluminum Ones On The Market Just Look Too Flimsy For Me, What Type Of Things Do You Make With Your Table? I Do Notice Some Of The Art Work In The Photos. Talk To You Later, Dave

Page 1 of 6 123