587,948 active members*
4,417 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Uploading to Biesse

Hey, this may be a dumb question but, I have a Biesse Rover B 7.4 Ft. And I just got a postprocessor from Bobcad for it. The post out puts the file as NC and the machine reads ISO and BPP. So I was wondering how do i upload a NC file and convert it to an ISO or BPP file so that my machine can read the file

Re: Uploading to Biesse

Quote Originally Posted by fdg35 View Post
    Hey, this may be a dumb question but, I have a Biesse Rover B 7.4 Ft. And I just got a postprocessor from Bobcad for it. The post out puts the file as NC and the machine reads ISO and BPP. So I was wondering how do i upload a NC file and convert it to an ISO or BPP file so that my machine can read the file
    Hey just wondering how you are making out . we just are in the midst of installing a 2008 7.40 rover B FTK
    We had upgraded to version 30 last month but are considering mastercam ... lot more money but maybe we should give bobcad a fair shot at the business yet the seem too want $900.00 for the post which I had thought posts were free but guess not for a biesse machine

Quote Originally Posted by Irv Bea View Post
    Hey just wondering how you are making out . we just are in the midst of installing a 2008 7.40 rover B FTK
    We had upgraded to version 30 last month but are considering mastercam ... lot more money but maybe we should give bobcad a fair shot at the business yet the seem too want $900.00 for the post which I had thought posts were free but guess not for a biesse machine
    I'm pretty sure all i should have to do is what Ger21 said which is simply change the file extension to .iso. but my Biesse doesn't seem to want to read any iso files.

Quote Originally Posted by fdg35 View Post
    I'm pretty sure all i should have to do is what Ger21 said which is simply change the file extension to .iso. but my Biesse doesn't seem to want to read any iso files.
    ok I will prob end up buying a post from Bob cad had the mastercam guy out yesterday and for the simple drawings I do Bobcad has nicer and faster features . example drawing and angled line took him at least 4 times longer... and the software costs much more
    I have an old c53 thermwood I am currently using. and am looking for someone to train me on the biesse . I have the local biesse dealer scheduled to come out Dec 27, but if we find somebody sooner would be great
    Its gona be a learning curve to switch , but from my research Biesse is a common machine here in Ontario where I am

are you having any luck with Bobcad post processor to Biesse

Quote Originally Posted by Irv Bea View Post
    are you having any luck with Bobcad post processor to Biesse
    umm.... sorta. i'm still working on learning how to read and set up Biesse code but it seems that the post they gave me is close to what i needed. But if youre looking for outstanding customer service i wouldnt go with BobCAD. I've been having trouble getting ahold of someone as well

I have worked with both Bobcad and Mastercam.

Bobcad. cheap to buy. expensive to operate. ALWAYS manually editing programs...very little control over 3d surfacing entry exit maneuvers...no gouge checking.
    This is what the boss bought because he wanted to save money. unfortunately I spend more time manually editing programs to work.
    I shouldn't have to...I don't think a FANUC is an exotic control..

Mastercam ..expensive to buy. ..lots of control...it's what I get to use when I'm at my part time job...love it, but big learning curve....

Try OneCNC. Way better price than Mastercam and Far superior support. Call Patrick at OneCNC west for a demo. Their post processor is super easy to modify, and Patrick will gladly help you out if you get stuck.

My guess is that the .nc is the same as ISO, so editing the post processor to change the file extension may be all you need to do.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

You see every time I try to run one of the iso files I have through BiesseWorks I get a pop-up that say "unexpected file format". And now I am stumped. The manual clearly says that the machine is capable of running iso files I just don't understand why I am getting that message

You might have to run it through Biesseworks or something like that??
    I've never used a Biesse, so don't really know.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

ISO is the "loose" term here, these machines will not run standard eia/iso/"fanuc" code. They will however run code from previous generations of their control software, If your CAM provider has trouble generating a post for Biesse Works native code , have them provide you a post for XNC or NC1000, it is the preceding control software and all BiesseWorks equipped machines will process this code. BiesseWorks is built on top of the XNC/NC1000 control software. As a side note, I would personally always have the CAM manufacturer demonstrate a working post for your machine prior to purchase.

Chev, good AND YOU?????text me sometime

Left Biesse,,,,doing some stuff with Stiles,,,,but i may not go back as mechanic,,,forums are keeping me swamped,,,keep me in mind if you need a post or something related,,

Keysoftwareservice.com