Hello Experts!
I often need to make prototypes and custom adapters for some instruments I use, and the lead time I get from the local shops are way too long. For this reason I'm considering buying a CNC machine and make them myself.

Since my experience in milling is essentially zero and I have a few requirements that seem to be rather hard to meet, I thought I would ask here for a few pointers.

The main issues are the following:
- The parts are either in some hard metal (AISI 3xx Stainless Steel, Inconel, Titanium) or ceramic (Macor, Zirconia) and neither seem to be very easy to handle.
- The parts often have rather tight tolerances; I could live with +/- 0.025mm, but ideally I would like to get +/- 0.010.
- My office floor has a hard limit at 250Kg/m^2. While I could probably improve that some by reinforcing the floor, transporting the machine to its intended position might be tricky unless it can be disassembled and reassembled.
- If possible, I'd rather have a machine that is natively metric as that is what I use most of the time.
- Same goes for power requirements: I can easily get either 220VAC single phase or 380VAC three phases. Anything else I can adapt to, but I'd rather not.

This said: the parts I need to mill are relatively small; the largest I ever designed is 200x30x20 mm and since I don't need to mass-produce them milling speed is not important. Price isn't the main concern, either.

So far I haven't seen anything too convincing, I hope someone has the time to review this and share his or her experiences.

Thanks in advance

mac