This request for help is for anyone using ArtCam but if you are familiar with model railroading and using either Artcam or ArtCam express you may better understand what I'm trying to accomplish.

I have a file created in to full scale. (Autocad Inventor). I would like to import this into Artcam and create toolpaths for a CNC router. I need to reduce it to model size.

When I attempt an import - (Reliefs-import 3D) I've yet to get a consistent display. I've tried High Resolution etc. When I zoom in on it it looks like teeth sitting up not clean vectors.

My hope is to take this full size part that is an STL file and import it and scale it to N scale 1:160 and then create toolpaths to cut the part.

My head hurts from the brick wall I've been beating it against.

My hope is to justify not having to use a friends software and hardware and create my own Artcam files and use a CNC to cut them. Right now I'm not convinced that the above approach will result in the parts I'm hoping to create.

Any help is appreciated but I might take a few days to reply as I have to go across town to access the software etc (the reason I want to get my own software and CNC.

If you want to "experiment" I can send you the STL file.