OK, I started getting this alarm about 3 or 4 months ago. Tried to get some help from local Haas service rep. took forever for him to get back to me and after texting thru a partial trouble shoot we never completed the repair/diagnosis. The alarm comes on at bootup, but I have just been ignoring it and the machine has been running fine. Well, a below freezing night here in OK and when I tried booting up all kinds of alarms going off. 123 spindle drive fault, 117 overvolt, 475 real time clock. Anyway, cycle on of a few times and it begins to be obvious that the memory is gone and parameters need to be reloaded. I guess what I need to know here is if my problem was a backup battery and the lack of response from my service rep is the cause of my larger problems today, what can I expect from Haas? Backing up is a necessary pain with any computer system, but even more so with the CNC. Needless to say my irresponsibility, has cost me many hours and programs. I don't figure I'll be able to retrieve them, huh? Thanks for listening. One more thing, Is this backup battery for the real time clock something like a watch or calculator battery in a PC? Is it in the controller or the big box in the back?