I just bought some Transcend compact flash cards and I cannot get them to work in the LCD side mount slot. The new cards are Transcend Compact Flash 1GB 80x. I started out by formating the card FAT and copying a .nc file onto it. When I went to run the program on a 0i-mate-MD I got a message 'memory card is not formatted. I tried to run the program on a 21i-MB and 18i-MB and got a Memory card error 099. I was unable to format the card on either machine through the boot screen or the PMC I/O. When I tried to punch to the card I would get error 099 on the 21i and 18i, 'Cannot use I/O device' came up on the 0i-mate-MD. I then installed the card as a dataserver on a 21i and it worked in there, both uploading and running programs. So I formatted the card through the data server which did format it. I am basically back where I started right now. Error 099 is 'A part preceding the FAT area on the memory card is destroyed.' I have tried 14 of the cards, 4 different PCMCIA adaptors, 3 different computers to try formatting and 3 separate card readers. I have other cards like this already and that is why I bought them thinking there would be no problems. Any ideas what it could be or what I should try?