Hi all,

I have ordered a JD1325 laser-cutting machine that runs of “LaserCut 5.3”and was wondering.....

Can you engrave in 3D with a 256 bit gray scale bitmap image, with each shade of gray as a different power output setting with alternative SOFTWARE THAT DRIVES THE CONTROLLER BOARD that replaces Lasercut 5.3 software?

This is the links to the laser cutter I have order.
buy laser machine products from diytrade - Group1 - Product Catalog - manufacturer of CO2 Laser Engraving & Cutting Machines cnc router cnc woodworking machine cnc marble engraving machine

I have searched the net for some time now and all the information I can find on relevant threads and article just keep going on about dithering 2 tone effect and Photoshop and coral draw and all the other graphic software but never seem so give a definitive answer wither it is possible to do...
3D engrave of 256 bit gray scale bitmap image, with each shade of gray as a different power output setting...

USING DRIVER BOARD SOFTWARE, OR NEW DRIVER BOARDS + SOFTWARE ONLY! Please?

if someone could point me in some direction to all the software alternatives that I can replace Lasercut 5.3 that might be of interest that would be grate

O yes, and A Big HI to all the cnczone community this is my first thread!