Hi, guys. It's been a long time, and I'm *baaack!*

L298N Stepper Motor Driver Controller Board Module 5V output for Robot Smart Car | eBay

Got a question for y'all. I found a whole series of L298N based stepper driver boards on eBay, and the price is ridiculously cheap. Like $6 or $7 each, including shipping. Yep, Chinese. But at least they're not using that *other* chip. These are rated for up to 2A, and a high enough voltage (35VDC) to give some decent speeds, so they should be sufficient. And they're so cheap, that they're actually cheaper than I can buy the parts.

Since my latest project is a CNC on the insanely cheap, a true starter unit, would one of these work for driving each axis? Yes, I know they're not opto-isolated...but it's supposed to be basic. Think "one step above" the Easy-CNC unit on Instructibles.

As I said, the project is a cheap 'n dirty starter, yet real CNC, but certainly not a production machine...I just need to identify something workable that won't be 90% of my budget. 3 of these would only cost around $21, combined. For the purpose of this project, cost *does* matter.

Thoughts? Suggestions?