Hi I am new here but I have been checking out the boards here for a while and find it very informative.My problem is that I have a Hass VF-1 mill where I work that no matter what work coordinate you give it to read it always uses G54 in Z axis.X and Y axis seems to work fine but it always uses G54 Z axis no matter if you tell it to use G55-G59.
The way we do our set ups is indicate the work in usually an A axis or a chuck or both at the same time in X and Y then we touch off the first tool used in the program on G54-G59 Z(usually the A axis being G54 and the chuck a G55). Then we make sure that the tool length offset for that tool is at zero then touch off the rest of the tools needed in the program on the tool length offset page.
If we use only G54 there is no problem at all but if we use any other work coordinate(G55-G59) the first tool does fine in X,Y and Z but the following tools mess up in Z but do just fine in X and Y.Also if I make the work coordinate Z value zero and touch off on the tool length offset page the tool stops about six inches above the part.
We have another Hass VF-1 that we set up the same way and it is still doing fine and this one has always been fine until the other day I went to do a set up on it and it almost crashed because of this.
Sorry for the long post and I want to say thanks for any help.