I just got my DeskCNC card and 3 G202 Gecko's hooked up and working to some old Eastern Air Devices steppers on my Mill-Drill. No smoke and it worked the first time! In fact it works great!!!

Minor Issues:
#1 I know the written instructions make it pretty plain for terminal #10 Common, meaning 5 VDC +, but I was just looking at the drive and it just says "Common", which from my background can mean the common or some cases grounded side of an AC transformer. In fact I already had the black wires or negative side of the 5 VDC control source hooked up!!
A simple + Common marking on the drive would work for me. For those of you wiring right now, the #10 terminal is + 5VDC from your signal generator, the Step and Direction connections are really the - side of this signal voltage source.

#2. I know it says Microstepping drive, but gee I find out what that really means is you need 10X the steps you might think. It is a 1/10 step motor drive which means if you have 200 step motors, and belt drive reduction, and 10 tpi screws.... well it all worked out. Had the old thinking cap on for a few minutes.

Happy camper in Iowa.