Hi all

Just a curious question, luckily we are having a full 5 axis machine being brought in, with the Heidenhein blah blah control. For which I am going to get Solidcam to produce a post processor for.

Just wondering after reading a few web pages, I hear that most 4 and 5 axis programming is done with inverse time feed? Is this true. I sort of understand why, because when you move XYZ then normal feed will do, but soon as another axis is input, then maybe the control just zooms up the feed on the extra axis. i.e. if you were milling around a sphere lets say, and the actual tool movement is only about 0.5mm in XYZ, but about 190 deg in C, then without inverse, the machine will move 0.5 at feed programmed and just increase the C axis feed? Is this true, does solidcam calculate this correctly if inverse is needed?

Or when you use HSS,HSM and 5 axis module, should the post always use inverse just in case?

any info would be helpful

Also if anyone could, post a few lines of 5 axis G code, to see if I'm understanding this right.

pinguS