I know the whole thing is super simple and usually either works or doesn't but I am having an issue my parallel port. I dloaded(downloaded) parmon(The parallel port checker program for windows) and checked the voltages to all the pin outs to make sure what they were and to make sure I can turn them hi and low. And I can. The computer only pumps out 3.5v (Volts) to my port but my bob(break-out board) is externally powered so it bring them up to 5v(Volts). I did the voltage test with the bob(break-out board) powered and non-powered. Everything seemed fine. At the beginning of troubleshooting i suspected wiring, checked, port settings, checked, both with m3(MACH3) and with the bios(basic input/output system), the port appears to work normal. However when i start MACH 3 it no longer works. The kicker is, I had the steppers wired up and could control them all. Forward and backward. That was when I first bought them(I had to hook it all up to make sure it all worked and it did). I moved(residence's) since then and re-set everything up. I reused all the wiring harnesses I had used before and even took pics of how everything was wired. So I hook it up and start MACH3 and could only control one axis and only in one direction. So ... started reading posts and tried everything. Different computer different cables, reinstall software, tried a new pci(Peripheral Component Interconnect card), which is a separate issue, shows up in windows as a SCSI(Small Computer System Interface) controller and don't know how to make it an LPT port). And yes I quite literally spent about fifteen hours over the last three days reading post and searching the net before I asked the wizards for advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.