Hey guys i built my own cnc a couple months ago and i use a 3 axis TB6560 board i have modded(details on another thread on this forum).
Cutting area is about 16"30" and i currently use a dremel for my circuit boards and hopefully come acrylic signs. the dremel works great for the circuit boards but im getting tired of breaking my bits, and want to move to heavier wood working or some light metal working(like aluminum).
While all of my problems arent fixed yet-like some y axis slop- i will be replacing the current 1/4" steel bar with some nice aluminum tubing to make things a bit more rigid. it is a sliding table type cnc and i use emc to run it.
I am wanting to upgrade to a router or a 300w spindle motor but have a budget of about 100$ but its more of a not wanting to spend too much budget.
I was wondering what the advantages and disadvantages of routers and spindle motors are.
So far i have come down to two candidates of router and one for a spindle but the dewalt dwp611 is about 130$ not including and collets, the Professional Woodworker 7381 is really the only one within budget and the chinese http://www.ebay com/itm/160953993883 300w spindle motor with variable speed power supply.
i have read the horror stories about the chinese spindle motors and how cheap the bearings and seals are, thats why i chose the air cooled spindle.
While this is a hobby, i would like to make it more than a hobby at some point, so i do want it to last a while or be fixable if something breaks. i have access to a mill, lathe and precision grinder if needed.
Main uses are going to be circuit boards, next would be plexiglass or woodworking.
I just would like to know what other issues could be or if there are any options that i dont know about.
Thanks in advance!