I just made a quick plan for the prototype buidling. actually I'm thinking of make a new final product bring to market. I don't clearly know the small desktop CNC market will be for this one, but I'm sure this will be something worth.

okey. here is the planning now:
a. I will machining the casting parts with my bigger CNC machine. but maybe just manually oprating for no much time to program and some possible temperary adjusting for the first one. The parts have been rough machined already before a year and jsut left about 1mm machining remaining. so I will just need to do the finishing machining.

b. I have already purchased the ballscrews and linear parts long time ago. for initial prototype, I just ordered rolled type ballscrews of P7 class. Actually they should be enough accuracy for most hobby working especially for the small travel distance. Ofcourse grind type of P3 class ones are also avaliable and better. I ordered some HIWIN linear parts for this building of C class also. and maybe H class next for better. just not decided yet. or maybe just optional.

c. I decide to develop a small milling spindle unit for this milling machine. I considered much about the electric spindle units and think it should be exchangable both of them. some times milling spindle is best for mill cutting. but sometimes electric spinle will be best for carving. So I planning a milling spindle of ER25, MAX 3000-5000RPM, MAX torque 2N.M, synchronous drive, same OD as electric spindles of 65mm. so it can be exchangable with some 800W or 1.5KW, 24000RPM electric ones.

d. The spindle driving I want to use a BLDC one of around 0.75-1HP one. I have two reasons for this selection: firstly, the BLDC motor has much better torque and power than AC ones in similiar size; secondary, I have a BLDC driver sample from some engineering side for very long time and never tested before. so, I will do this together^-^.

e. The axis drive will use the tradional steppers firstly. just easy to apply for initial building and no problem for common usage. I have also thought of the SERVO ones, but I don't want to make it to complex for begining even I have some good resource to get such servo ones. but I also keep it for optional. A further thinking is using GIVIs to buid a full-closed loop servo system. but won't do it now.

f. A full enclosure is still a consideration now. Actually I will start to design it soon. Since it's just a mini desktop machine, I will make the enclosure in compact size also, but of course, enough for oprating. and all other accesories will be considered also as the industrial machines. I'm not very sure the enclosure is very necessory to everybody. maybe I should build a machine just with a tray of worktable, and a electric control box placing aside? ? just to be decided.

g. About the electric system, I'm planning to contain the power system, I think should be around 400W capacity for axis drivers. Transformer is the best for best overload capacity. but if I found a good switch power one, I will consider it also. A BLDC driver, or a VFD driver is basic part. The stepper/servo dirvers, I will design to 4 to leave remaining for possible 4th axis next. And the interface board of parallel port using MACH software etc. but some USB MODBUS interface will be a longterm planning. Home switches, limit switches are also contained. Some simple LEDs to show the status with other POWER switch, ESTOP button on control pannel; sys fan, work light, cooling system for electric spindle... Just one by one next.

okey. just thinking the items above. any ideas just be welcomed. I'd like to talk on any subjects. Thanks again guys.