Hello, I have been lurking around this forum for about 6 months or so. I am in the market for a CNC machine to do prototype work and small production at home. I have full access to a Haas VF2 and a Bridgeport cnc center for running production parts.

I am about 98% sure I am going with the Tormach for the house. I contacted a member that was nice enough to offer me a chance to swing by his place and see one with the tool changer in action and ask him questions.

I have been reading as many posts on this and other forums to see the opinions of detractors and the real life, hands on experience from owners. Those who hate it and call it garbage seem to be a majority who have never used one or even seen one in person so as soon as I see that this is the case I quickly dismiss their comments.

All that being said, I am glad to be a member here. I will probably just stick around this part of the forum as I am not brave enough to wander too far in here. I see how things heat up quickly sometimes in other parts of this forum.

I hope to learn a lot and with time, hopefully give back more than I take from here.

Glad to be here.

Leo