Now back in the "2D Geometry" tab, I select "profile by points" and try to create a polygon. When I left-click to drop a point, the point is offset in both the X axis and Y axis. The offset is not the same everywhere in the view. If I'm on the far left top area of my part, the point has little Y offset, but the X of the point is right in the middle of the part (half a screen to the right). If then go to the far right top of the part, the point is about 3/8" down and 3/8" left of where the mouse is pointing.

I use the grid display when I'm doing this. If the view is rotated at all, the grid display is useless, so I always hit the button at the lower left to give me a dead-on orientation to the top of the part FIRST I mention this because it's almost as if Sprutcam thinks the view is slightly rotated.

In order to use some of the features of Sprutcam, it is necessary to draw closed polygons on or around a part, but with this unpredictable offset, I simply can't. It's almost as bad as trying to sign one's name while a child is yanking on your pen hand.

Any ideas on what could be going on? Anyone? For info: This is Sprutcam 7 Pro, Version 7, Build 1.6 rev 63462. I purchased it with my mill, and it is not a trial or student version.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Mark