Quote Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
I am looking at the Tormach originally, and now this Torus. The ATC on the Tormach would be a plus however.

The reason I like this machine so far, is I can get the lathe, which I will need. The price looks OK, and thank you for your thread, nice to see it in the real world running along.

I plan to mill SS and grade 5 Ti though. Small-ish parts, and no hurry to finish each one, and not sure if this is the right size machine.
The smaller I can use the better though, as I am short on space. So it is on my list of considerations, though I notice on their website no accuracy specs.

One thing that concerns me a little is a website dedicated to rubbishing this brand. I have read his story, and see his point, but continue to look for more experiences, both good and bad to come to a decision. Yours is obviously good.
The fact I am in Australia would mean I would not get support anyway, so realize I would need local help for any major issue.
I am sure you will prefer higher spindle speed of Torus Pro which is higher than Tormach's , and more easily to access just by the using the VFD . You don't need bother to change the pulleys when yours program requires different range of speeds .
Max.500IPM movement of the 3 axes is also a plus for this mill .
I think the ATC or PDB is definitely a good assy to be added .You can save more time when change the tools .I guess Novakon will release theirs in one month or sooner , which can be added whenever you want .