I have a Grizzly G0619 (SX3) and want to add a powerfeed. I plan to go with full cnc in the future so i was thinking about what motors and controllers would allow me to use that with a cnc conversion later. Do any of you have any ideas on what would be good to take a look at? I have been reading through various conversions but it seems there are lots of options out there so its hard to know what is the best route. My plan is to make a sliding mount for the motor to engage and disengage the powerfeed. That way I wont have the extra drag when I manually move it. Are there any motors that have a feedthrough spindle of sorts where you can mount a handle to the back of the motor to manually turn it. Something like a square or socket drive that the handle could snap on and off of would be a cool feature. I have a DRO so the dial isnt really a a big loss.

Another possible issue is I may get the longer table at some point. Is that a screw up or a good investment on this machine. My main worry is ball screw avaliability and flexing if weight is on the outside ends (maybe a 6" rotary table with 3 or 4 jaw chuck).

Thanks for any ideas and in the meantime ill keep reading the build threads.