First off, hi everyone

I'm reserving this post to update/edit with new questions. :idea:

Spindle:

I just purchased a floating tap because I am going to finally machine and induce tapping during the machine program, not after. Reading through the "beta manual", it mentions a couple of times that M4 (CCW) for Spindle is not enable in the stock configuration. Is this true? If so, what would be the reason and who has enabled the use of reverse spindle? Silly question I suppose most have CCW... but the manual states it a few times.

In regards to the M4 command and a floating tap, am I going to have issues with tapping, dwell delay and reverse IF I do not have the braking resistor? I feel like it should not be a concern with inducing dwell into the cycle.

I really wish I had the braking resistor (I'll hopefully be able to get it sooner than later).

R8 Collet

Collet question; I have a bunch of really nice ER32 straight shank tool holders with the goal of eventually using pneumatic drawbar capabilities for quick and repeatable tool changes.

Novakon sells an R8 collet for use with their toolholders and Tormach as well. What are the draw-backs of not using "that" R8 collet and using another 3/4" R8 collet? I suppose it comes down to the quality of the R8 collet; I have to check my collets but I'm pretty sure it's of that German grade. Thought I would ask everyone who has had the same idea.

It's 4th of July, I'm being rushed out of the house...reserved for later thoughts/questions.

Enjoy the day fellas:cheers:

-Jason