So since yall dont know me, ill introduce my self and let ya know what I do and then i go into my build.

Jake Hoback i own and operate Jake Hoback knives. Been making knives and tools full time for almost 3 years now, but been making for the last 10 or so. I bought a Tormach PCNC1100 to help me expand my business and it has been great!

I did how ever run into a short fall with it having way too low of an RPM range for some of the stuff i run. i run some very small EM down to .046" so I need to be able to spin them at 30k or so. I use all sorts of materials from carbon fiber to hardened tool steel so it needs to be stout.

I thought about buying the speeder from Tormach but it was sold out and more hadent come in yet, then when it did I couldnt justify the huge price tag. So i made my own.

I utilize the entire 10"x18' working area of my table almost every time i turn it on so i couldnt just add a router to the side, it needed to be straight below the spindle.

bosch Colt to the rescue! I have $130 into the whole thing.

I needed repeatable, and easy to put on and off so I can run it as part of an OP and then take it back off.
I managed to make it repeatable (needs a arm in the back to help with it though still) Surface grinder was a big help with this!
I managed to make it easy to take off and on as well!

Im still working on getting it perfectly square to the spindle nose, but it works fine for right now until i have some more time. it is currently .026 off in y and .008 off in x. so I can just adjust my zero to take care of that for now.
I use alibre
Attachment 191734
The lock bars on these titanium frames are .031"
Attachment 191736
clam shell mounts for spindle and colt
Attachment 191738
Coolant shield for colt, had some fun with this one, its toxic green g10
Attachment 191740
On the tormach making chips
Attachment 191742
Attachment 191744
Attachment 191746