I'm working with a homemade router and I just got done with the fine tuning aspects (squaring, calibrating, etc). Now I'm on to doing some practice cuts on scrap wood to make sure my G-code is of quality status. Everything looks all peachy and pretty in the BobCad simulator, but when I do the real deal stuff screws up. My most recent run was supposed to perform a pocket to 1.65", but for some reason cut all the way through my stock and into my table. According to Mach it thought it was located around 1.4"", but it had really already cleared the 1.65" and was cutting additional depth. My problem is I have had this randomness of errors occurring often enough where I don't want to put my valuable mahogany on the table until I have this all sorted out. Along with any advice on this I also want to ask about two things. 1) Could using absolute distance mode over incremental be part of the issue? 2) I'm using Mach, but how do I specifically know which post processor to be using (i'm currently using Mach3-Mill-NoATC.MillPst)?

Thanks in advance