I've had issues getting my new copy of Design 2014 to activate properly. The only way is to copy and paste the activation key in each tome I start the program. I was told by one user to run the setup as administrator, what that did was change the problem from having to copy and paste the first time the program was started to having to copy and paste every time the program is started, not much of an improvement if you ask me.
And support has been great, well, not so much. After 2 days they gave me a 'form letter' response to reload the program, which I've done many times with no success and getting through by phone is an exercise in futility.
Alibre was great, phone support you could reach, quick email replies and answers that really worked but since they changed to Geomagic support is nearly non-existent. If I'd have known of the problems I'd have stayed with Alibre 2013, while it had it's own set of issues, at least it ran when opened and now the only support it seems, is from the user forums. The users are great and try to help but the corporation should be doing the support not UNPAD users. It seems that Design is a small insignificant part that doesn't deserve support and that 'THE CORPORATION' is only milking for profits, the users don't really matter.