Hi,

I'm new in building a CNC machine and feel little embarrassed of my ignorance. My mill is now built (no spindle yet) and the axis seams to work fine (from my current and limited test) and they have been homed for the first time (XYZ, ball screws, Nema 23 425 oz motors, combined limit and home switches). I run the system with LinuxCNC.
The drives is DM542A, peak 4.2A, max 128 microsteps and a controller board. All including the mechanical parts is from China. Not much of documentation and info, it took a while to test and figure out the wiring. Still I'm not absolute sure if things are correct connected and the parameters in LinuxCNC are defined in the proper and best way. My main concern for now (I expect more to show up) is the parameters for Step Time, Step Space, Direction Hold and Direction Setup in the Stepconf interface. I requested parameters from China and they sent me some info that I can't translate to the parameters in Stepconf. My current parameters seams to work fine but they are based on wild guessing from drives that could be close to mine (Step Time 5050 ns, Step Space 5050 ns, Direction Hold 500 ns and Direction Setup 500 ns). Can someone help me to translate the Sequence control signals (DIR/PULS MODE) from Longs Motors to the Stepconf parameters? They are:
Width of PULSE 1.0 us, Width of PULSE space 1.0 us, PULSE frequency 500 KHz and time of change DIR 2.0 us.

Attachment 199994

Thanks in advance
Jan Dansson
Sweden

Link for electronics here, shipped from Europa to Sweden:

SHIP from USA WH 3Axis Nema23 Stepper Motor 425oz in 3 0A for CNC Controller Kit | eBay