Nisma

Hello , thanks for the reply to my post ... yes i prefer c or c++ , i have used python .
using opencv is new to me , i'm looking to be able to pick using cannyedge and i was looking at saving as a blob and converting to real x y
although the more i think on this , i feel i should realy just concentrate on picking the pad's and look at formating the output to find pad 1 and enumerate the part pads , but rotating the part after vision camers has taken a shot , then move to match the placement , either by another vision shot , or i feel reading the layout database is a better solution , is their any code to do the majority of this already done i wonder .

i'm also looking at the moment at camera calibration , and camera lens distortion similar to the chessboard examples , so that i can take an undistorted view for better placement , over all i think i have the idea right , although in the back of my brain , i may be makeing this over complicated to what is actualy needed ..

i'm looking at the code snippet you posted , to grasp your idea and get up to speed on this ,

i would welcome any code and guidance , and welcome the oppertunity to bring this to a working solution , so spending some time reading your posts

i am also looking at openpnp although i must admit Java is not my strong point , i much prefer c !