I am brand new to the idea of building a CNC, well about a month into reading this forum. I like the fully enclosed nature of this as my soon to be workshop is in the basement. Here goes:

I did purchase the plans and they are great, but is there a DFX version of the wood parts if I wanted to cut them on another CNC?

If I wanted to expand the cutting area moderately, say 24x24in, would this be enough change to throw off the gantry mechanics and stability? I am especially concerned about the belt driven Y axis.

I have no experience in working with metal. Is there anyone selling the prefabricated metal parts? I could purchase a small drill press and make a go of it, but for my first go around I would be happier if I could just source the metal parts.

Is everyone going with something like the Bosch Colt, or are there versions of this build using one of the low cost Chinese 1.5 or 2.2 kw water cooled spindles? Does anyone have experience with this? It seems like it is not a lot more money and could be a stronger and more reliable engine.

Thanks everyone. I think I need a bit more research, but am hoping to start my Momus in the next month if I can work out the details.