A couple more questions for those of you with experience wiring the G540, MACH and the sPID..

sPID questions

1 - If wiring the TACH signal from the sPID using a v1.5, G540 and MACH I believe I read that it requires a 47K resistor in parallel, is this still the case? ( CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net! Over 300,000 members and growing.)

2 - If using the TACH signal does that mean that both the sPID and MACH will display the RPM?

3 - What pin on the Parallel port and G540 should they be wired to? I've not found anything on the 177 page sPID thread..

4 - Are people using the TACH from sPID and viewing it in MACH or just reading the output on the sPID screen?

G540 questions

1 - Is it advisable to power off the power supply when when hitting an E-STOP? I was considering the need to shutdown the power source in case of an emergency, thoughts?

2 - Pin 10 is labeled as "Disable input (E-STOP)" is this actually a ground leg that is opened and shorted when an E-STOP occurs?

Thanks as usual for any help and guidance you can give... I have a feeling there may be some more coming.

Adam,