Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
I would get some blue dye and try that first just to see how flat they really are. I know they done look nice, but it would be good to know. I would not regrind or machine them though. I would spend a little time on it by hand. There is also some sort of material used for way repair that you might consider if there is room. I do not recall the name of the stuff. Maybe someone here can shed some light there.

Is there room under the table to mount the oil line over the nut? I think the oil on the screw there is probably sufficient, but of course, not ideal and wondering what the reason behind that placement is? I try to oil the ball nuts when possible, but I have to oil the screws on my first mill. That is a weekly job (no oil system) and every time I pull it apart for any reason, the ball nuts get filled with fresh oil.
Unfortunately, there isn't room for the between the nut and the bottom of the table for the oil line. I used some capillary tubing I had laying around, held in place with silicon glue to feed the nut hole.