I may have already asked this question but didn't get a reply so I'll try again.
I have a BPT series II with a boss 6.
This is what happens quite frequently..... On start up of the machine [I do the same start-up procedure every time] Turn on the rotary phase converter.....throw the switch in the on position on the back cabinet for the machine......pull out my E stop button....push the limit switch on the panel.
DRO is reading all zeros.....I can move any axis while in setup mode...say to a predetermined move of one inch. The axis will physically move the one inch BUT the DRO reads like it has moved some crazy number like 33.5768 inches. I have to zero the DRO back out and do a manual move maybe 3-4-sometimes 5 or 6 times before the DRO starts to read what I'm telling the machine to move.

Any ideas on what is causing this to happen? It didn't always do this......Have had the machine for quite a few years and this just started maybe 1-2 yrs ago.
I'm afraid one of these times I'm going to start up and the numbers will never work themselves out and never read correct.
I assume it is something that is slowly deteriorating over time as it seems to be getting just a bit worse and take a little longer to straighten itself out.
Any help is greatly appreciated.