Like many I have made a number of mini mods to my Tormach, nothing outstanding and certainly not worthy of a separate individual post. Others may like to post any mini mods they have carried out.

Greg

Please reference text to photos.

1. Cut outs to ease refitting plexiglass to Tormach enclosure.

2. Index-able machine handle to lock joints of machine arms.
2a Remove circlip from arm pin, drill and tap for indexable machine handle. (I used 8x1.25m) Space with 14mm washers to slightly above end of pin, 8mm washer to clamp down on washer stack.

3. Small “Baking dish” tool-tray to corner of splash tray. Cheap and easy. Check for table clearance. I used 270mm x 380mm (10 3/4" x 15")

4. Gun laser sighter. Handy to check cut-path is within confines of material, and check clearance to clamps.

5. My compressor was sourced locally but appears similar to Tormach model. The water drain on mine is not located at bottom of tank! Water drain of small air compressor corrected by raising one side of machine with 4 x 2 and fitting remote drain, using barbed fitting for flex hose and air nozzle. This allows for regular draining of water.

6. Index-able machine handle to mount side shields to Tormach enclosure.

7. ½” shank ER25 chuck mounted in ½” set screw TTS makes great marking pen-holder. Gravity provides spring.

Attachment 245178 Attachment 245180 Attachment 245182 Attachment 245184 Attachment 245186
Attachment 245188 Attachment 245190 Attachment 245192