Today I attempted to face some aluminum with my pro. The machine has been idle for a couple of weeks and appeared to be working fine the last time I used it. I just recently installed a new arduino controlled bob and ran some test cycles to make sure everything worked fine.
Today I set up the facing operation and the spindle would not start. I checked the voltage on the VFD and am getting voltage on the single input so that appears not to be bob related. One thing I did note was that the voltage is 10V with the spindle off and around 3.45 when setting the spindle to spin at 5000RPM so it appears to be working although backwards from what I'm use to.
The VFD does not have any error messages and I don't have the VFD manual to check the programming. However, everything should be OK since no one has messed with the machine but me. It's a hobby mill.
Now, has anyone had spindle problems before? If memory serves, the spindle always made a whineing noise which I thought was a servo at first. Now, nothing. The motor does not lock up when call for speed, it appears to be completely inoperable. I checked the voltage in and the 220V is there. That is as far as I got before honey-do's took over and fun time ended.
Can someone point me in the right direction. I have most of the equipment needed to troubleshoot it but without the manual I'm kind of lost.
Any ideas folks?
Thanks in advance.
Bill