Hello everyone! My name is Wes, and I am fairly new to this forum. I work for a company that makes machinable wax. I have primarily been working on the production side of things, so I have little experience with some of the intricacies that some of our customers deal with when it comes to the different ways they use our wax. I would like to fill this gap with some hands on experience to better understand how the different attributes of the wax we make work in different scenarios. I would eventually like to do some small scale casting, but for now since we own our own CNC, I have decided to start with that. The parking lot foundry is put on hold!

A few months ago, I ran an old pre-written program on some different blends to see how they perform. This was the same program, and same .005" Tapered Ball end cutter for each block. Except for the green one which the cutter head broke on. I attached some pictures to show what I have so far.

Next week, I would like to do some of my own drawings. From my limited understanding, the type of wax chosen is largely dependent on the cuter size. I am looking for suggestions on other parameters to run, and test. Are there certain shapes, or arcs that can be tricky? What are some of the worst case scenarios? I am working with a Pro-Light 1000 if that helps in the suggestions.