idea is to test epoxy granite mix and process with small part and if succesfull, to make something usefull ...

so first i have to make a mold, simple wooden pieces glued together, like this

then cut em in desired shape with cnc

then i fixed some defects and rough parts with wood bondo and paint it with some primer
as the epoxy will stick to primer and wood without problem i had to use some type of release agent, and after some testing the easiest was to lay a thin layer of regular silicone ... you can use your finger to smear it over the surface as i have
and here you can see actual steel plate that would be embedded in epoxy with some aluminum legs

all mixed and finished
after some small tests i figured out that optimal ratio for my aggregate was about 52% small gravel (different sized, 0,5mm-4mm), 36% fine sand, and 12% epoxy
you get rather dry-ish mix that is not actually pourable, but have to compact it manually
here you also see two screws protruding that would later be removed for mounting of top pieces on steel plate, interesting part is that epoxy doesn't stick to duct-tape, so i made cylindrical part with it

after few days i removed the mould, or tear it appart actually, and this is silicone that enabled fairly easy removal of part

the top side ...

machining legs so they are flat ...

here is all assembled and coated top with one layer of clear epoxy, just to make it shiny really

as this test proved to be a success, i'm proceeding into bigger challenges. but i'll start new thread for it

and one note, making mould from single piece is a bad idea, you have to cut and tear it open, few sides connected with screw is far better approach, but hey