588,136 active members*
6,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Adaptive Rough W/Parallel

Threaded View

Adaptive Rough W/Parallel

So I made 5 pieces of this part today.
    First of all,as we all know,things are different at the machine than the Computer screen.Little things present themselves and of course big things sometimes.Stuff that just don't quite get your attention until you see and hear the cut.
    So with only 5 pieces to do,,,Time running the part is not extremely important.So I ran the part,less than ideal.I just Babysitted the machine and played with the feed over ride when needed.
    But now that I am in the comfort of my house,I wanna learn from my sorta un-productive tool path.
    I choose Adaptive Rough with a Parallel Pattern.Actually,to me it is a bad ass too path for this part,EXCEPT for one thing.The first pass at each level is a Full cut.This creates too much feed for this cut vs. the cuts that come next.Hence is why I Babsitted the machine.
    So,am I missing something ?
    It sure looks like the right path,just need one of those "mmoe" buttons to say slow down first pass on each level.If I had a quantity of parts I would definately choose this path and just edit the code.It really kicked butt.Unless of course someone has a better way I'm all ears and eyes,lol

I really hope you see this mmoe I would like hear your opinion of this and/or what I should of done differently.I still have to run the other half with the same kind of geometry.
    And I welcome all thought from everyone.

This is just a example of the actual file I ran today,,,btw I finished with Equal Distance and with a little tuning of the diameter and radius of the EM,I nailed this part on the money.This part holds a hydraulic ram in place and also positions it in all axis for mating assemblies,,,so I was pleased.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ram Top Cover.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files