Hi all,

I have made three picsteps for my project connected via the Pmino 4 axis BOB. All three boards have been tested independantly using the same stepper motor and the same port and cabling from the BOB.

2 of the steppers work as expected with the stepper moving in both directions, albiet not as cleanly and quickly as I would like (probably a software issue).

on 1 of the boards it seems only one of the stepper connection blocks is active, only one coil is 'actuating'. Putting a multi meter across the terminal blocks also supports this observation.

I have checked the board and all components, links and connections are as expected. On a just in case basis I have checked for breaks in the tracking and have resoldered all of the joints which has not changed the behaviour of the circuit.

I suspect I have a dud LMD, however given the expense of this component I would like to make sure.

I have access to multimeters, a lab power supply, and can fasion a logic probe if required. I do not have a CRO or similar so this is not an option.

One thought is to de-solder and swap the LMD's tonight to see if the fault moves accordingly. Other than that I'm at a loss to explain this one.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers
Jason.