587,300 active members*
3,207 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

UCCNC Macro sharing

I thought I'd start a thread where we can share our macros. I'll start by sharing the macros I made.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

First combo are M31 and M6 for auto tool length measuring after a manual tool change. When running a part, you use a mobile Z-touch plate and a fixed touch plate. M31 will probe down at the current location, then retract and move over to the fixed plate and probe. It then calculates the difference between Zzero and the fixed plate and stores that value in the C-axis DRO for later use by the M6 macro. Z-zero is set to the same value for offsets G54 to G59.

The M31 macro also supports a "material offset" which can add or subtract an amount from Z zero. If this is non-zero when you call the macro, a message box will come up to remind you that it is non-zero.

The M6 macro stops the spindle and then moves to a tool change location. Once you're done changing tools, hit return or click ok and the machine will move to the fixed plate, probe down and set a new Z-zero for all offsets.

You must customize the macro by entering the coordinates of your tool change position, fixed plate position, Z-setting plate thickness etc. etc.

Remember, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

I'd ask that if you make any improvements or modifications that you please post back to this thread so that everyone can benefit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Andy B.
    http://www.birkonium.com CNC for Luthiers and Industry http://banduramaker.blogspot.com