whats up guys, i recently got the G0704 conversion done and have some problems that ive been trying to figure out, i been searching for days and nothing.
My set up
keling drivers kl-8060 d
nema 23 kl23h2100-50-4b x and y axis set to 4.28A and 1/8 micro step
x axis steps per 8131.806686 (acceleration 50 velocity 50)
y axis steps per 8153.114349 (acceleration 50 velocity 50) (i see this number of steps is different than the rest)???
nema 34 kl34h295-43-8b z axis is set to 6A and 1/8 micro step
z axis steps per is 8131.298253 (acceleration 50 velocity 50)

arizona video c7 ball screw and mount kit (very nice work he dos i might add)

problems, when cutting a circular pocket using a wizard, the pocket is egg shaped in the y direction.
the hole i milled was a .310 dia. it comes out good in the x direction but the y is .330 using a 3/16" EM .1875dia
also cut a rectangular pocket 2inch in the x direction and 1inch in the y direction, x and y zeroed in the center of the part .200 deep
the y did well in the positive direction, but in the negative direction it would travel less and less negative as it made passes
leaving steps that a tiny person could walk down into the bottom of the pocket.

im wondering if steps per is wrong as i let mach calculate it. i would love to calculate myself and get the real number,maybe find where the real problem is.
also wondering if it could be in the y axis cuppler or gib. backlash is not as bad as the error im getting in the cutting tests. (no backlash comp on any axis)
could gib adjustment cause this, i have them set, but maybe they need adjustment. ?

hoping this is enouph info you need to help, let me know if you need more.
im looking for best accuracy out of this set up,at least the best a stock g0704(no scraping ways etc.) with steppers can do,thats the goal.
thanks again guys hope you can help.